Many technological advances have led to the development of many gadgets, such as printers and computers. It is possible to complete our work faster and in a shorter time. Printers, despite being extremely high-end, aren’t immune to technical problems. They can be very frustrating for users. Epson printer error code number 0x9A can be a frustrating issue for many Epson users.
This error is often overlooked by users due to lack of knowledge or proper solutions. Some users even start to look for a service provider that can help. The problem isn’t too big and can be solved without professional help. This article will help you a lot if you’re struggling with the same problem. Otherwise, you can also look for Epson Printer Repair dubai.
Epson Printer Error Codes 0x9A
This error could be cause by a fault in the carriage or an obstruction within the printer. This issue can also be cause by paper debris or paper piece getting stuck in the paper tray. Epson printer error code number 0x9A can be cause by a dirty or dislocate encoder strip or misplace printer assembly.
Rarely, the error can be cause by hardware defect such as a defective printer belt, gear, carriage driver motor or broken printhead. Many Epson user also reported that the problem is cause by a defective sensor or control board.
How to Get Rid of Epson Printer Error Codes 0x9A
Take a look at this manual fix for Epson printer error code 09A.
Method 1 – Clean the Printer
- First, cancel all printing jobs from your computer. Next, open the top cover of your printer.
- Check the printer for dust, dirt, staple pins and scraps of paper.
- Next, gently pull the objects from the output tray and the sheet feeder.
- After you are done, click on the Start button and the task will be resumed.
- If the Epson product shows an error, then proceed to the next step.
- To turn the printer off, simply tap the Power button.
- Once you are done, take the scanner apart and remove any jam paper.
- To turn the printer on, lower the scanner unit and press the power button.
- Follow the instructions for paper loading to load new papers.
- Take a test printout and verify that the printer prints correctly.
Method 2 – Check the Printer’s Carriage
To check if the carriage is moving manually or not, lift the top cover of your Epson printer. If the carriage is not moving, you can manually move it. Any issue related to canon printer visit canon printer service center dubai.
To remove dirt from the printer’s compartment, blow compressed air into it if you are unable to. Turn on the printer and put the lid back on. This will help you determine if the Epson printer error code is 0x9A has disappeared.
Method 3 – Clean the Encoder Strip
An encoder strip, a strip of plastic that is use by the printer’s carriage to determine its speed and position, is called an encoder strip. If the encoder strip becomes dirty, an Epson printer error code of 0x9A may occur. To resolve this problem, inspect the encoder strip and clean it.
Below, we have described how to clean the encoder strips.
- Turn off your printer and take out the top lid.
- Use a soft cloth to soak the ink cleaner solution.
- The encoder strip is located on the left. Use the cleaning cloth to gently wipe it clean.
- Remove any ink stain from the encoder strip and leave the area that are cover by the printhead.
- Make sure that ink does not drip into your printer. To prevent internal damage, wipe the printer with a dry cloth.
It is possible to cause damage to the encoder strip by pulling on it or rubbing it hard. This can make it malfunction.
Reset the Printer
Many minor and major technical printer issues can be resolved by resetting your printer. Follow these steps to reset your printer and see if it fixes the problem.
- Turn off your printer and disconnect the power cable.
- After ensuring that the printer is in a stable state, press the power button for at least five minutes.
- To drain any remaining power, hold the power button down for one minute.
- Alternatively, press and hold simultaneously the ‘Stop’, Left Arrow, Home and On buttons on the printer.
- Then, make sure you do not release the button until your printer is turn off completely.
- Connect the power cable to your printer by plugging it back in and connecting it to a power socket.
- Next, hold down the power button and the printer will turn on.
- When the printer is turn on, the LCD screen display “FW Update Mode”.
- Select ‘Update Devices’, tap ‘Firmware’ and click the ‘Update’ button beneath the screen.
- The LCD screen will display a progress bar that indicates the status of the firmware reset.
- Once the update is complete, the progress bar disappears. To close the process, tap on the “Finished” button.
- To turn the printer off, simply press the OK button as soon as the LCD screen displays the firmware information.
- Now press the red triangle at the end of the circle marked ‘Stop’ or the ‘Left Arrow” on the printer.
- To return to the main menu, simply press the ‘Home’ button at the bottom of the LCD screen.
- Take a print test now to verify that you have successfully solved the problem.
We hope that you will be able to fix Epson printer error code #0x9A with the tips and tricks provided in this article. If none of these solutions work, your printer may have hardware problems.
Do not hesitate to consult a technical expert immediately.