Last Updated on February 3, 2022 by Hub Blogging
Fed up of your old job and trying to find a new job that suits you? Do you know that beside your qualification and experience, your behavior and work ethics are also important for the recruiters?
Nowadays, when a company posts a vacant position at the firm, they are swarmed with hundreds of applications, mostly with the same experience and qualification. So, how do companies select the best candidate for the position?
The CEO of The Silent Partner Marketing, Kyle Reyes, found a solution to this problem and developed a specially designed test called Snowflake test, which helps the employers analyze the applicants for the position based on their personality as a team builder.
What is the Snowflake Test?
What is the Snowflake test? Snowflake test is a specially designed test that helps the employers sort and analyze the applicant’s nature towards work and overall behavior as a person. Taking this snowflake test online helps them to determine whether the person is suitable for the company’s best interest or not.
The Snowflake test allows companies to save their time and instead of interviewing hundreds of applicants personally, this test will trim down the numbers of possible candidates for the job based on their qualities as a person and work ethics.
This way, employers will be able to select the best candidate for the job without going through each applicant’s stats and without interviewing and ruling out the wrong ones.
How Does the Snowflake Test work?
Snowflake test online works with a string of simple questions that require simple, to-the-point answers. The applicants are asked to answer these questions that are mostly related to general stuff and do not complicate things with any political or religious questions.
The snowflake test mostly determines the nature of a person, in view of the company. The test shows what type of nature a person has, whether he is self-centered, a team builder, good natured that helps everyone etc.
Most of the companies do not want to hire any person with a self-centered personality, because they always find themselves before everything and would not pose as a good candidate for most jobs. Going through this test and assessing the results, the company can easily rule out any applicant that seems overly confident and self-righteous.
Using the Snowflake test online helps companies save a lot of their time while recruiting candidates and instead dedicate their time to more productive things.
What type of Questions Does Snowflake Test Include?
Snowflake tests mostly include questions that help the software determine the quiz taker’s personality. The test does not include any question which will harm anyone’s religious belief and interfere with their political views. Some of the common type of questions in snowflake test are:
- What is the meaning of faith?
- What does America mean to you?
- What do you love to do in your free time?
- What do you think about the police?
- When did you last cry? What was the reason behind it?
- What is your normal breakfast?
- What is your favorite drink when you visit a coffee shop?
- Who and why a person is your role model?
- What is your way of handling bullies?
These are the types of questions included in the snowflake test. As you can see that the mentioned questions do not threaten anyone’s belief or ethics and are only interested in your economical behavior.
Snowflake Test Criteria
The snowflake test online consists of 30 questions in total which is used to analyze a person based on values, past and future performance and health. The process of taking the test is fairly simple and only requires the person to answer honestly to the 30 given questions.
Disadvantages of Snowflake Test
While the snowflake test has helped many recruiters with finding the perfect candidate for the job, there are some drawbacks and disadvantages of using the snowflake test as well. Some of the drawbacks are stated below:
- People applying for the job can lie on these tests about their personality for securing a position at the company
- Many times the questions included in the test are not enough for the company to find the right person for the job
- Instead of trying to change the mindset of people, using this test encourage the company to rule out individuals that are not fit for the job according to the test
- Taking snowflake test, sometimes result in hiring people with similar mindset
- A lot of people with similar mindset is not good for the company
- All the people at a workplace with similar values and work ethics will not be able to take the company in directions
Snowflake test is used by many companies to ease themselves in finding the perfect candidate among hundreds of applicants. Though this test and technique might work for some companies, it is not a 100% accurate analysis of a person’s ability as an employee.
Read more interesting articles at Hub Blogging