Last Updated on May 28, 2022 by Hub Blogging
To travel by train in Spain, buy your ticket through one of the following booking links or at a train station. Book early to get special early booking rates, much cheaper than full rates. Seats on trains can sell out very quickly, especially on weekends and on routes with infrequent services. So Spain train tickets are available online now days.
SPAIN BY TRAIN – INTRODUCTION
Spain is the European country with the fastest routes. Frequent and comfortable AVE and Alvia trains connect world-famous cities such as Madrid , Seville and Barcelona.
All trains offer comfortable accommodation at a reasonable price. Visit interesting historical sites such as the Alhambra in Granada , the Blue Mosque in Cordoba or the Sagrada Familia in Barcelona
How to book cheap train tickets in Spain?
- Book as early as possible, tickets are available 2 months in advance
- Avoid trains during rush hour
- Remember that first class tickets are sometimes cheaper than second class tickets
- Trains in Spain – Find and book train tickets
- National railways in Spain
- All major routes, such as Barcelona to Madrid and Seville to Madrid
- High-speed trains such as the AVE
- Renfe – National Railways – More information
Train tickets Europe
- HappyRail: a site for all train tickets in Europe
- Same price or less than the railways
- Collect HappyMiles on every trip
- Winner of “Best Innovation” at the 2016 EU Railway Summit
- Complete, easy and at the best price!
- Europe train tickets: buy all cheap tickets!
TRAINS IN SPAIN – OVERVIEW
- Excellent high-speed rail network, one of the best in Europe
- Very fast and extremely punctual connections
- Comfortable trains
- Spacious first class seats, often including drinks and meals
- Faster than flight: Madrid to Barcelona, Madrid to Seville
Very comfortable and fast, 300 km / h, from Barcelona to Madrid / from Madrid to Seville
TGV Spain – France (international)
Barcelona to Paris, 300 km / h
Regional and intercity trains:
- Alvia / ARCO
Fast trains from Madrid to Bilbao and San Sebastian
Fast trains from Barcelona to Valencia and Alicante
Fast trains from Madrid to southern Spain
- International trains from Vigo to Porto (Portugal)
Regional trains that connect small towns with larger cities
Trains around Bilbao, Gijon, Leon and Santander
Cercanías (suburban trains)
Regional trains in Barcelona and Valencia
International night trains:
- InterCités de Nuit:
Portbou (Spain / France border) – Toulouse – Paris (France)
Portbou (Spain / France border) – Montpellier – Nancy – Luxembourg (Luxembourg)
Portbou (Spain / France border) – Montpellier – Strasbourg (France)
Irún ( Spain / France border) – Lourdes – Paris (France)
Irún (Spain / France border) – Bordeaux – Marseille – Nice (France)
Irún (Spain / France border) – Toulouse – Lyon – Geneva (Switzerland)
Madrid – Lisbon (Portugal)
Irún (Spain / France border) – Lisbon (Portugal)
Night trains in Spain
- Trenhotel :
A Coruna – Barcelona
A Coruna – Madrid
RENFE – NATIONAL RAILWAYS IN SPAIN
Renfe is the name of the national railways in Spain. Renfe operates on all major Spanish lines, such as the high-speed tracks between Barcelona, Zaragoza, Madrid, Córdoba and Seville.
Renfe’s total rail network is 16,0026 kilometers long. 10,182 kilometers are electrified.