Trends come and go in a blink of an eye. Sometimes they’re hard to notice, forget follow them. Good old days when your dress or jewelry remained stylish for at least few years are gone for good. Nowadays, fashion changes drastically every season mercilessly forgetting yesterday’s trends. But there is still left something that exists beyond fashion, and it is the style. One famous designer once said “Fashion is for fools, for wise there’s style”. A bright example of this statement is a rope chain.
Rope chain is constructed of small links that form a shape of two twisted in a spiral way threads, just like a rope. The links intertwine in such a way that it provides additional luster to a necklace, creating the illusion that it glows from the inside. For its shiny and textural pattern, it remains so popular and loved for many decades.
Rope chain was brought into mainstream fashion in the 1980s by rappers Run D.M.C. and Eric B.& Rakim. Among layers of chains and pounds of pendants rope chain was still noticeable as its shine made the way even through all that gold and diamonds. Chosen for their massive look and recognizable luster they became a reason for a severe competition among the hip-hop celebs.
In 2007 rapper Lil Jon made his way into the Guinness World Record in the category “largest diamond pendant” with his famous “Crunk Ain’t Dead” chain. It’s a jewelry piece made of 73 carats of diamonds, total quantity of which is 3 756 genuine round-cut white diamonds set in 18k yellow and white gold, of 7.5 inches tall and the weight of 5.11 pounds. Guess which necklace was chosen to handle this weight? Enormous gold rope chain became the reliable support for this creation, valued, by the way, $500,000.
So, if you’re going to question the strength of the rope chain, remember this fact. The reason why this style of necklace still remains popular also lies in its legendary durability. The specific connection of the links provides sturdiness along with hypnotizing flexibility to the necklace. The unique endurance makes the rope chain perfect for bulky pendants, heavy medallions and hefty lockets. If such an unpleasant thing as breaking of one of the links happens, it won’t be a tragedy, as the necklace most likely won’t be torn apart, and it’s going to be quite easy to fix. But it requires a skillful jeweler to make the replacement less visible.
The most common choices of gold for the rope chain is 10k, 14k and 18k. Among other popular metals are sterling silver, platinum or stainless steel. Talking about colors of gold, you may choose yellow, white or rose jewelry items. There are also very interesting combinations of several colors within one jewelry piece. It looks stunning, chic and will definitely draw admiring gazes.
The fans of status jewelry may discover that with the thickness of the necklace comes the price. The good news for them is that there exist hollow rope chains. They look exactly as the solid ones, but are lighter and more affordable, as they are, according to the name, hollow inside. Hollow chains usually lose in durability, though not too much. The thing with the rope chain is that when made hollow it tends to stretch more with time. Actually, all chains do that, but on the rope chain it may become more visible considering the pattern. But it’s not the problem to worry about as it is happening very, very, veeeery slowly.
A frequently asked question about the rope chain is whether this style is for men only or it can be worn by women as well? This jewelry item can be worn by both sexes. Gold rope chains for men are classic, for women – one of a large amount of options. Delicate and intricate it is loved by women for its elegance and shine. Along with width it gains masculine vibes and the air of confidence. Its design goes equally great with an evening lady’s dress, creating the romantic image, and with a strict man’s suit, providing the look full of significance. Another reason why this necklace is still so popular.
If you’re looking for a present you can give to the close person without the fear of making a mistake, search no more! The rope chain will, without a doubt, be a win-win option. Or maybe you just want to treat yourself, then the only thing that is left to consider is a good jewelry store.
A price of gold chain is always one of the most interesting questions for the customers. Actually, it’s not that simple. To define how fair is the price you should know all the features that influence it.
- The weight. The final cost of the jewelry is affected by the price of the gold per ounce or gram which is not stable.
- The purity of gold. It is a percentage of pure gold in the alloy used for the chain, and it is measured in karats. For example, 10k gold chain of the same weight will cost less than the 14k item, as the presence of gold in the 14k necklace is higher.
- Hollow and solid. As we already mentioned, hollow is lighter than the solid chain of the same length and width, consequently it will also cost less, as the weight of gold is less.
- Color. Usually, the price for the same necklaces but in different colors remains the same, but some stores may charge more for items of white gold as they take more time to create. The situation with black gold is a bit different. The price of the necklace made of black gold will be higher as it requires a special rhodium finish.
- The pattern. The price also gets higher with the complexity of the chain construction. The more intricate is the pattern, the higher is its cost. Some style may only be created by hands, so, of course, the price of a handmade jewelry will be higher.
- Precious stones. If the chain is laid with gems or diamonds, their cost will add to the price of the necklace.
- The brand. It depends on designers and stores, but it’s quite clear that the jewelry by famous brands cost more than those of the unknown manufacturer. Well, the reputation also has its price.
To be sure that the price of the rope chain meets its quality, you need to find a jewelry store or a website you’re ready to trust. The store with all the certificates, good reputation and positive reviews, with a wide choice of fine jewelry and reasonable prices is the best option. Such stores usually have the assistants ready to help with the choice of a perfect chain according to your needs, preferences and budget.
Considering all the mentioned above, we may answer the question about the popularity of the gold rope chain with no doubt. They certainly are still popular and there are no signs of them leaving neither the fashion, nor the hearts of jewelry lovers. On the contrary, all the benefits they possess, such as unique look, extreme durability, unbelievable luster, unisex style and the ability to create a perfect image made them into undying classic of style. No matter what is the reason you chose the rope chain, to pay the homage to golden age of rap culture or just because you like the way it looks, this necklace will definitely serve you a lifetime elevating your style for years to come. And if you’re going to choose it as a present, be sure that it’ll create a bond as strong as the rope.
Read more interesting articles at Hub Blogging