Last Updated on April 8, 2023 by Hub Blogging
“Wood Plastic Composite” is the abbreviation for “WPC.” PVC stands for vinyl chloride polymerization. However, based just on the name, we are unable to determine which choice is better and more preferable. We’ve come to answer a question: is it better to use WPC or PVC? People are frequently perplexed, so we must consider the advantages of both to determine which is superior.
What is wood plastic composite?
A variety of materials are used to make WPC. Wood-plastic composite normally has the same woods as timber, but they’re mixed with different materials to make them stronger and more durable. Wood has always been a popular building material. WPC is appreciated and valued for its strength and natural beauty. Wood-plastic increases the value of your house and it is easy to maintain. With forests being cut down all over the world to fulfill our needs and demands, it’s time to look for an alternative, and nothing could be better than wood plastic composite.
Wood-plastic composite lasts longer than wood. Wood-plastic composite not only enhances the beauty of your place but all increases the value of your home. Let’s have a look at the advantages and disadvantages of wood plastic composite.
WPC (Wood Plastic Composite) is a synthetic kompositmaterial manufactured from a special combination of natural wood and plastic fibers. Wood-plastic composites are well-known for their flexibility. Pulp, bamboo, peanut husk, sawdust, and leftover woodworking goods such as bark from various projects are mixed with plastic powder to make WPC. Furthermore, recycled materials are used in the production of WPC.
Advantages of Wood Plastic Composite
- WPC is naturally antibacterial and non-corrosive. This material is also known for its anti-warping qualities and is environmentally benign.
- WPC sheets are very customizable, with a wide range of textures and prints to choose from.
- Wood Plastic Composite is preferred by users because it is moisture and rot-resistant.
- WPC installation does not necessitate the application of a surface finish. This saves time and money, lowering the cost of the process.
- WPC boards are both strong and lightweight. They’re also quite easy to keep up with.
- These boards are easy to work with and maybe completed using common carpentry tools. There are several options for cutting, drilling, nailing, and finishing.
Disadvantages of wood plastic composite
We can not deny the fact that cons come along with the pros. Therefore we have a list of cons of wood plastic composite.
- The WPC is famous due to maintenance-free but it is not completely maintenance-free. WPC needs to be cleaned regularly.
- Wood-plastic composite is comparatively expensive but it saves a lot of money later so we can say that it is a one-time investment.
- The WPC is not resistant to extreme temperatures.
- WPC is heavier than wood.
Now that you are aware of the advantages and disadvantages of WPC, it will be easier for you to make a purchase. WPC has more advantages than disadvantages so it will never disappoint you.
What is the Polymerization of Vinyl Chloride?
PVC (Polymerization of Vinyl Chloride) is a long-lasting and robust substance that is used all over the world in the construction, packaging, transportation, healthcare, vehicle, and electrical industries. It has a flexible and cost-effective personality. Blood bags and tubing, pipelines, paneling, wire and cable insulation, windshield system components, and other goods are all made of PVC. Its ability to endure water and fire is the primary reason for its popularity and acceptance around the world. Metal, clay, wood, concrete, and glass are all substituted with colored PVC boards.
Advantages of Polymerization of Vinyl Chloride
- Polymerization of Vinyl Chloride is durable and long-lasting
- The amazing quality of PVC is that it is nontoxic and can be recycled
- PVC is the most tested and researched product.
- Polymerization of Vinyl Chloride is cost-effective and meets all the standards of safety.
- Polymerization of Vinyl Chloride is lightweight, provides suitable toughness, and has good mechanical strength.
More versatility is provided by the wood-plastic material, which can be easily melded, routed, and chopped. If you want to suit its shapes, you’ll create it space-consistent. Another side, this does not work with PVC boards because they require more specialized tools and are frequently sharpened. If you’re looking for a board that will fit easily into the given area, consider Wood Plastic komposittrall.
Here we have explained the advantages of both WPC and Polymerization of Vinyl Chloride. It is hard to decide which is better. Selecting one completely depends on the preference and need of the buyer.