Not only the comfort in the room, but also the health of people depends on the efficient operation of the air conditioner. It is important to find out which principles of its maintenance are useful. Which ones can be safely abandoned or how a real AC service should be.
Air conditioning is an indispensable assistant for people. But do not forget that, like any other type of equipment, air conditioning requires attention. It is a regular, and most importantly, proper cleaning and maintenance process that will allow the device to perform its original purpose properly and efficiently. That’s why AC cleaning service or AC service companies are so popular nowadays. So learn how to properly use your air conditioner and what air conditioner service providers.
What do you need to know to properly service your air conditioner?
Depending on the frequency, maintenance can be divided into three main types:
- Standard air conditioning maintenance, which is recommended to be done once a year, most often in the spring. First, the air conditioner is diagnosed, the performance of the elements and systems is checked. The freon pressure, the temperature difference at the inlet and outlet, etc. are also checked. During maintenance, the filters of the indoor unit are cleaned and / or replaced;
- Seasonal maintenance of air conditioners is carried out, as a rule, twice a year. Before the start of the season – in the spring, and at the end of the period of active use – in the fall;
- Extended – recommended for always-on devices. Inspection, diagnostics and cleaning are carried out according to the schedule.
Service maintenance of air conditioners differs from warranty service in that it is carried out more for preventive purposes, while warranty service for air conditioners is carried out after a breakdown of equipment and involves calling a master, repair work, and replacing faulty parts.
How to properly clean your air conditioner.
Often, air filters can accumulate dust inside, so cleaning the air conditioner should not be neglected. If you look under the cover of the indoor unit of a split system that has worked for several months, you will most likely see dust flakes on the radiator grill and on the fan. This not only reduces the efficiency of the air conditioner and increases energy consumption, but also leads to the fact that previously trapped dust particles and multiplied bacteria are again in the air.
The frequency of maintenance of air conditioners directly depends on the frequency and conditions of its use. In each case, the cost is calculated separately, because the maintenance of the air conditioner by professionals consists of a set of works and includes three important procedures – cleaning, diagnostics and prevention, which include:
- flushing the outdoor unit (a steam generator or a sink is used);
- cleaning devices and systems of the indoor unit with the obligatory removal of the protective cover;
- treatment with a disinfectant solution (if necessary, agreed additionally);
- checking the operability and serviceability of the electric motor, output blinds; tightness of the refrigerant circuit connections; inspection of the drainage system;
- refueling with freon, which is carried out if necessary;
- checking the operation of the device in all modes, setting up the control panel and consulting the user on optimizing the settings for use.
Do not forget about cleaning the filters – the main stage in the maintenance of the air conditioner.
Each owner of such equipment should be able to properly clean the filters of climate equipment, it is from this stage that the maintenance of air conditioners begins. This part is designed to capture even the smallest particles of dirt and dust that are constantly present in the air. That is why the filter is the most polluted, and it is he who needs a constant and most thorough cleaning.
Ideally, cleaning the filter should be done several times a week, along with the general cleaning of the room. However, the frequency of such an event may vary depending on the frequency of operation of the climate device itself.
- You can clean the air conditioner yourself with the same vacuum cleaner.
- However, it is better to clean the filter manually from time to time. However, it is highly recommended not to do it too roughly, otherwise it may break.
- After washing the filter, do not immediately install it back into the air conditioner. It must dry well first.
Each model of air conditioners has its own specific design features, as well as maintenance rules. That is why it is better to look through the instructions for the air conditioner. Which is provided along with the climate device, in advance. It is in it that everyone will find specific and practical recommendations that will help to carry out independent cleaning as competently as possible.