Union Bank of India SO Recruitment is held to recruit specialist officers for positions such as Senior Manager, Manager, Assistant Manager, and others. Candidates that meet all of the required qualifications can apply online for a chance to be considered for this position. There are two stages in the selection process that a candidate needs to clear to bag this lucrative job: an online written exam and a group discussion/personal interview.
Candidates appearing for the exam will be tested in Reasoning, Quantitative Aptitude, English Language, and Professional Knowledge relevant to the post. The Union Bank of India receives thousands of applications for only a few hundred Specialist Officer posts. With that said, the Union Bank of India SO Exam like any other major banking exam is highly competitive to crack. Therefore, you need to have a well-thought-out preparation strategy in place and must devote your time and effort wisely during preparation to have an edge over others.
On that note, let’s discuss a few general and section-wise preparation strategies and tips to help you crack the Union Bank of India SO Exam in the first attempt.
Union Bank of India SO Exam Preparation Strategies and Tips
Let’s discuss Union Bank of India SO Exam Preparation Tips to boost your exam preparation.
- Candidates must be familiar with the exam pattern, and syllabus marking scheme.
- For your preparation, a study from the best and most updated books.
- Have a perfect study plan and follow it strictly.
- Separate the topics in which you are weak.
- For a better understanding, solve the previous years’ paper.
- Manage your time wisely.
- Always take breaks when they are due.
- Stay optimistic and confident.
- Make short notes and revise them regularly.
- Have a thorough understanding of each topic. Leave no stones unturned while preparing a topic.
- Revision is required on a regular basis.
Section-wise Preparation Strategies and Tips for Union Bank of India SO Exam
- Focus on the basic concepts. The majority of Quantitative Aptitude Questions asked in banking exams are concept-based. Therefore, if your concepts are not clear, it might hamper your ability to solve questions in the Quantitative Aptitude section.
- Identify important topics and give more time to them. The important topics in Quantitative Aptitude in Union Bank SO exam include Data Interpretation, Arithmetic (Percentage, Profit & Loss, Alligation, Time And Work, Time And Distance, Partnership. Ages, Ration & Proportion, Average, Number System, Permutation & Combination, Mensuration, And Probability, Etc), Simplification & Approximation, Data Sufficiency, Number Series, Algebraic Equations.
- Be creative and logical in answering. Don’t waste too much time on one question. In case you get stick on one question, move on to the next one and then later circle back to it.
- Refer to the previous papers to learn about the questions types and patterns.
- Learn useful formulas and short tricks that will help you save time while solving questions during exams. For example, if you know the formula of finding the Sum of Cubes of First n Natural Numbers, you don’t have to literally take out the cubes of ‘n’ natural numbers and then add them, you just have to put the value of ‘n’ given in the question and you will get the answer.
- Improve your knowledge of grammar, vocabulary and comprehensive reading skills.
- Practice questions on spotting errors, filling in the blanks, incorrect sentences, para-jumble, misspelled words, antonyms and synonyms, idioms and phrases, and more.
- Develop a habit of reading books.
- Increase your vocabulary and put it to good use.
- Keep an eye on any news related to RBI, banking, and the financial sector.
- Stay updated on the last 6 to 7 months of current affairs.
- An in-depth understanding of the fundamental concepts is important.
- Improve your speed and accuracy.
- Don’t devote a lot of attention to a single topic/subject.
- Practice as many mock tests as you can.