If you are facing difficulties related to your Astro A10 mic not working on your PC, then you should read this article and resolve this issue within minutes.
Astro A10 is a gaming headphone that came out in the year 2018. These headphones were made for people who play games on their Nintendo Switch and other devices. These were one of the best gaming headphones on the market.
They were so comfortable and lightweight that people used to wear them for hours without any issue. However, some people complained that their Astro A10 mic was not working properly on a Windows PC. There are various reasons why this could happen but we have solutions for every possible error.
For example, if they are not compatible with your outdated drivers, we will provide you with some of the complete driver updater software for the same. Or how to fix the error using the microphone device setting. So continue reading to resolve this issue.
Fix Astro A10 Mic Not Working Issue
Many people find the Astro A10 setup process to be complex. Some of them asked for help by filling online forums, others bought a new device because they thought they got a faulty one. Here, we will help you resolve this issue by providing different techniques.
First Things First
Before we move on with the troubleshooting process to fix this issue, there are some things that you need to check.
- Firstly, ensure that the headphone jack is properly connected with the device you are using or replug the jack back in your device.
- Secondly, ensure that the mute button on your headset is not turned on.
- Thirdly, check whether the headphone you are using is even compatible with your device.
- Next, check the volume of your headphone should be on maximum as well as on your device.
- Lastly, try to disable/enable the headphone’s mic in the settings of your device.
You can also connect Astro A10 with any other device to see whether the problem is with the headphone or with the device. If you checked everything we have mentioned and your Astro A10 mic is still not working, then continue reading to get rid of this issue asap.
Update Your Windows Audio Drivers
There can be a lot of amount of reasons causing your headset mic not to work properly and having an outdated driver is one of the most common ones. To update your audio driver, you can either try the manual approach where you use Window’s in-built tool called Device Manager. Or the automatic approach by downloading third-party software.
We recommend you to go with the automatic option because all it takes is a click to update your drivers automatically. These applications will not only update your drivers but also speed up your computer. Here are some of the best driver updater software for Windows PC:
Check Your Microphone Settings
If your headset is not set as the default output device for your computer then also you can face the Astro A10 mic not working issue. Or the mic volume is very low due to which it is not able to record sound properly. To change these settings follow the instructions given below:
- Search Control Panel on the taskbar and press Enter
- Set the icons as the “Large icons” from the “View by” dropdown menu.
- Click on the Sound option to open a new window.
- Click on the Recording tab and then right-click on empty space within the window
- Tick/Check the Show Disabled Devices option
- Right-click on the Headset Microphone option and then click on Enable and Set as Default Device option
- Now again right-click on the headset microphone and click Properties
- Overthere, click on the Levels tab, then increase the volume by sliding it towards maximum
- Click on OK to save the changes
After the completion of the process check whether the issue is resolved or not. If not, move on to the next method.
Also Read: Simple laptops for everyone in daily life
Troubleshoot Hardware Issues
If your Astro A10 mic still does not work, it’s more likely that there can be a hardware issue with your computer or headset. To fix the hardware problems do these few things.
- Try to connect your headphones with your PC from a different port. If there are any issues with the port that you are using, this practice will help you resolve them.
- You can also connect your headphones to a different device to confirm whether there is an issue with your headphones or with your PC. If the headphones work, then you should take your PC to a nearby repair shop.
If nothing works, it means the problem is in your headphones and you may need to change them. You can also try the Windows troubleshooting tool. To do so follow the following steps:
Step1: Right-click on the Start button and select Settings from the menu
Step2: Click on the Update & Security option
Step3: Click on Troubleshoot option
Step4: Overthere, click on the Additional Troubleshooters button under “Recommended Troubleshooting”
Step5: Now, under Find and fix other problems, select the Speech option and click on the Run the Troubleshooter button to start the process
Step6: Follow the on-screen instructions and when the troubleshooting is done, Restart your computer.
Astro A10 Mic Not Working Issue Fixed
With the help of this post, we acquainted you with different methods through which you can easily fix your Astro A10 microphone issue. You should execute these solutions in the same way they are mentioned. If you want to suggest some better ways to deal with this problem, kindly mention them in the comment section.