Many talented people have written books about themselves. These books are called autobiographies. Autobiography come in a non-fiction category of writing. Autobiographies are usually true and consist of several important events that happen in a person’s life. You might think why do people have to write a book about themselves? Some people have achieved a lot of success in their life and work. So, they want to write about the learning they got while achieving success in their life.
Difference Between Autobiography, Biography, And Memoir
- An autobiography is a book written by a person himself. So, it always has a first-person point of view. Autobiographies follow the life event of a person from a very early age, then talk about their life at school, college and university. Autobiographies have all the details about the main events that happen in their life at any age.
- The biography is also a nonfiction book. But anyone can write a biography. Biographies also have details about all the life events that happen from an early age to old age. As, in a biography different person is writing a book, so he will have to research the life of the person he is writing a book. In the biography, a third-person point of view is used to tell the detail of a person’s life.
- A memoir is a memory of an emotional event that happens in a life of a person. The writers talk about personal, intimate yet emotional events that happen in their life.
Here is the thing you must include in your book for better selling and publication of your autobiography.
1. Start By Sketching All Phases of Your Life.
If you want to write your autobiography, start by making a rough sketch of the content of your book. It will help you in memorizing all the events of your life from childhood to university, till now. Many details you might not add to the final draft of your book, but this sketch will help in shaping up the content of your book.
2. Always Tell About Your Native Place
People feel connected with a place. If you are writing your autobiography, always talk about your native place. You can also talk about your family members in your book. It helps in building a connection between your reader with your personality.
3. Write In Detail About Your Work Experience.
If people are reading your autobiography they want to know about your personalized, work experience. Tell your reader about your job, the difficulties you faced while achieving your dream job. Your book can give hope to people facing difficulties in getting their dream job.
4. Write About Your Personal Life.
Always give a personal touch to your autobiography. Write from the first-person point of view. Tell about your success but also discuss failure. Write about your life-changing experience that shaped your life. Your autobiography must have one chapter that can help people in their personal growth.
5. Proofread Several Times Before Publishing Your Book
Proofreading is necessary for writing. After you have finalized your book, start to proofread to correct any grammatical mistakes.
6. Get it to check from a professional editor.
You can also get your book checked by any professional editor to know about mistakes. The editor can also give you important insights into your writing. You should take the opinion of two to three editors on your book. Different people have different opinions about the same thing. Alternative narratives can help you in proofreading your autobiographies.
Can We Write Our Autobiography on Wikipedia?
Writing and publishing a book is a difficult job. Many people want to know that can you write your own biography on Wikipedia. Wikipedia is the third most used online platform ahead of YouTube and Facebook. Most famous people think it’s better to have an autobiography page on Wikipedia. As they will get more audience engagement from their Wikipedia page. This point is right to some extent. Wikipedia can help people to know about your life story, it gives you credibility as a personality also. But there are also strict Wikipedia rules you must follow to write any personal content.
- Wikipedia is not a place for self-promotion. Only create a Wikipedia page, if you are enough famous.
- Before creating a Wikipedia page, become an auto-authorized Wikipedia user.
- Only try to make a Wikipedia page, if you have enough references to cite your claims.
- Make sure your Wikipedia page will not promote any agenda, and also not spread any bias related to any community.
- Always use a neutral tone while writing about yourself on Wikipedia. Talk about failure also. It will also give credibility to you in front of the Wikipedia community.
After you publish your book and it becomes a best seller in a certain region of the world. It will help in the creation of your Wikipedia page also. As people only want to read your autobiography if they have an interest in your life.
Click Here For more Information Blogs
Leave a Reply